For whom is the program intended?
- Fresh Graduates/ Post Graduates aspiring to become teachers in schools.
- Teachers (with or without B.Eds) who would like to re-orient their outlook and engage with new directions in education
- Persons interested in making a career shift into teaching
- Ease with English
- Age 22-40
- Awareness of Krishnamurti's teachings
- Good writings abilities
- Comfortable with staying close to nature in a quiet space
The program duration is of 16 weeks between June 15 and October 15, 2019.
This will consist of the following:
- A ten weeks’ study period at The Valley School, KFI, Bengaluru, to facilitate broad orientation to holistic education in the light of the teachings of J Krishnamurti and his vision of education, and an exposure to different dimensions of being a teacher and a learner.
- Four weeks of school-based internships in two of other KFI schools assigned.
- The prospective educators return to the host centre for a ﬁnal two weeks session to share experiences and consolidate their learnings.